Project „YOUTH WORK and YOUTH WORKERS across EUROPE”
Last week we were part of a project meeting held in Sofia, as partners on the project called „YOUTH WORK and YOUTH WORKERS across EUROPE – good examples from practice about volunteering, employment, education and training”. Partners in this project are youth association across Europe: National Youth Card Association – as a project coordinator, National Association of Youth Workers (NAPOR) from Serbia, National Youth Council from Italy, Association of Estonian Open Youth Centers from Estonia, UNESCO Youth Club of Thessaloniki, Greece, MOBIN, Slovenia, Polish Youth Project Association from Poland, APPJUVENTUDE from Portugal and Croatian Youth Hostel Association. The main idea of the project is to explore, describe and exchange good practices concerning youth work in the different countries of the project partnership in order to ensure synchronized information and additional access to education and training for youth workers.
The project have the following main objectives:
- Exploring different practices of youth work volunteering, employment, education and training in different European countries in detail;
- Sharing good practices of youth work education and training within the partnership;
- Exploring possibilities of implementation of the shared youth work educational programs within the partnership;
- Developing a supportive network to exchange information and experience concerning youth work;
- Improving competences of the partner organisations in project management, achieving common goals and results, and providing quality assurance of a process.
The Future of Europe should be built on common perspective and shared conviction that by coming together, each of us will be better off (White paper om the Future of Europe, 2017). This sentence underlines that this project should be carried out transnationally because we have different experience and knowledge about youth work in the different partnership organisations. We will get together thee resources, learn from each other, multiply the good practices, but most importantly, at the end of the project we will have synchronized educational programs for youth workers, shared good practices of day to day youth work and gathered them in one document.