HI Hostel Veli Lošinj is located on three floors of a charming Austrian villa built in 1889 in the very center of the town, just by the sea.
A wonderful outdoor terrace with TV, internet corner with free WiFi and self-service restaurant are available to all our guest, who are also offered a range of sports and recreational activities outside the hostel.
Room types: double, triple, quadruple, five and six-bedded with washbasins or shared bathrooms.
- TV room
- free WiFi
- Bike rentals
- 24-hour front desk during high season
– the hostel is open from March 1st until October 15th –
About the destination:
Veli Lošinj is located on the island of Losinj, and although the name (the world „Veli” means „big” in Croatian) suggests it’s a big place, it is actually a small village.
The largest settlement on the island is Mali Lošinj.
Located in a small bay, Veli Lošinj will attract you with colorful façades of stone houses cluttered in the harbor, with boats lurking in front of them, which all together make a charming postcard.
The narrow streets hide many gorgeous villas in the background, once owned by city captains, shipowners and wealthy gentlemen. Throughout the centuries they have collected 80 species of different plants in their gardens, while in the village’s park there are as many as two hundred botanical species.
Tourists also love the Lošinj Marine Education Centre. This dolphin reserve protects the population of good dolphins in the Lošinj waters.
In the immediate vicinity of the village, there is a small fishing bay Rovenska, which grabs attention with its pebble beach and local tradition of life by the sea.
If you’re into the sea world, you’ll enjoy a small submarine ride or the water park.
HI Hostel Veli Lošinj
IN EUR (prices)
|period||Bed & Breakfast (*per person)||Bed & Breakfast Double Room (*per room)|
* All hostel guests are insured. Insurance is included in the above prices.
* VAT is included in the prices.
* TOURIST TAX IN EUR per person/overnight (not included in the price) :
|MONTHS||V, VI, VII, VIII, IX||others|
– children under 12 do not pay the tourist tax,
– guests between 12 and 29 pay 50% of the tourist tax price (members of national youth hostel association or Hostelling International cardholders)
– school groups do not have to pay the tourist tax by providing the school-trip approval.
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR GROUPS:
For group reservation (20+) there is a discount.
Lunch: about the prices you can ask at reception
Dinner: about the prices you can ask at reception
– lunch and dinner are organized at the nearby youth restaurant. There is one menu daily except for persons with special requirements
The overnight price list refers to Hostelling International members or members of any youth hostel association.
If you do not have a valid national membership card or Hostelling International card, you get a welcome stamp for each overnight in a youth hostel. After collecting six stamps on the Hostelling International card, that you will get with the first welcome stamp, you have a valid memberhip card for all Hostelling International youth hostels worldwide. You can collect welcome stamps in each HI youth hostel.
The price of one welcome stamp in Croatian youth hostels is 10,00 HRK (app. 1,4 EUR).